Question Analysis for May 13th
- If you were given a million dollars now, would you quit your job?
Probably yes, as I would invest part of the money in some business. I believe most people will agree, though those who wouldn’t quit as they have put too much effort in their work will be numerous as well.
- If you could be your own friend, would you want to be your own friend?
This is such an interesting and compelling question! However, I doubt most of us have posed it to ourselves. My answer here would be “Yes, why not, after removing a couple of character traits”. It must be hard for a person to realize he/she wouldn’t like to be one’s own friend.
- What will you choose: lose all your past memories or never have new ones?
It’s an extremely tough choice! Losing your bad memories from the past would be a bonus, but not remembering the nice and happy moments would be sad and devastating. However, not being able to create new memories would be even more devastating. It’s like living an empty life. And if I have to choose one, I would choose to lose my past memories, and find new ones, probably better ones.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe this will speed up the elevator?
Haha… yes, I do it. Everyone does it! I guess it’s just a herd behavior, not because it will speed up the elevator for real.
- Do you do what you believe in or do you try to believe in what you do?
I do what I believe in, at least in most cases. I hate doing things only because I have to, and not because I believe in.
- How old would you be if you didn't know your age?
I’m not sure how many exactly, but certainly more than my passport says. We are always trying to make ourselves younger, but life always makes us older.
- Association with the word "spring":
Hum, none? Flowers, smells, colors, sun, brightness… Those would be the right words as for me. And from those offered here, I don’t know, maybe “doctor” – allergies, colds, those would be the “dark” side of spring.
- Why is it so hard to say, "you're wrong"?
Because no one ever wants to hear it. No one wants to be wrong for anything.
- In what situations can you reveal a secret that you should not tell anyone?
Probably in a life-saving situation only. Otherwise, never tell anyone should stay never tell anyone. It’s a matter of self-control, reliability and good judgment.
- Is money the root of all evil?
At first, I would say yes. Most wars, if not all, have started because of money and wealth. But on second thought, I realize it’s not because of the money itself, but because of people’s greed. Money is not a problem if there’s a fair share. Money becomes a problem when some people want to have more than they deserve or have earned.
- Is it possible to buy happiness for money?
I would say no. It is true that different people have different vision of happiness, but it seems to me that some people confuse real happiness with joy. Personally, I would define this bought happiness as temporary joy or instant excitement. When it comes to real happiness, only you and people who really love you will be able to give it to you, and it will cost no money – only a little bit of love and attention in return!
- Why do we eventually become our parents?
Simply because they are a living example and our role model through our entire life, even if we are not aware of it. We may dislike or hate it at times, but it is hardly evitable.
- You have no future when …
…life loses its meaning and you start behaving like a robot, or as if you are forced to be here.
- At what age should we decide what we want from life?
At any time. There should not be a particular age about it. We can do it whenever we are ready and whenever we feel something is “the right thing” for us.
- Can a marriage get over betrayal?
It can, but it will never be the same again. The shadow of that betrayal will always be hanging over the couple.