We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience;
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications;
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity;
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film;
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects;
- Create rough and final cuts;
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running;
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process;
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor;
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut);
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio;
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity;
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing;
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.