ZARA develops and produces approximately 12,000 new designs every year. The assortment at the shops changes every 2 weeks. Does this inspire the customers to come to the shop more often? We will find out the majority opinion on this topic at the end of today’s surveys. Meanwhile, we would like to present 10 interesting facts about ZARA:
1. ZARA is a part of Inditex group, one of the largest distributing groups all over the world. They manufacture and sell clothes. The group of companies also owns such famous clothing brands, as Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Stradivarius, Bershka and Oysho.
2. The first ever ZARA shop opened in 1975 in downtown La Coruna (Spain). The headquarters of the company is still located in the same city.
3. ZARA chain of stores includes over 2000 shops in 88 countries. Every shop, regardless of its location, offers the same clothes, worn by European and American fashionistas. This is the main concept of ZARA – they insist on offering the same assortment in the same size range.
4. ZARA controls every element in the manufacturing process. The company does the design, sowing, distribution and retail of clothes through their chain of shops.
5. 50% of ZARA clothes are still produced at the factories in Spain. As they say, there is no other place like home. Although their competitors have long since moved their factories into countries with cheap labor. Zara mostly produces items with longer offering period in Asian countries and Turkey, such as the basic lines.
6. The company develops and produces approximately 12,000 new designs every year. The assortment at the shops changes every 2 weeks. This inspires customers to shop with them more often.
7. ZARA prefers to promote their brand through opening new shops near leading brands, rather than investing into advertising.
8. The company paid 324 million dollars to buy a place for a shop at the 5th Avenue in New York. The address is 666 Fifth Avenue, NY.
9. ZARA has signed an agreement with Greenpeace and intends to completely forego using harmful chemicals in production by 2020.
10. Even the royal family wears ZARA. It is Kate Middleton’s one of favorite brands. Why pay for advertising if royal personals wears your clothes?